Saturday 29 January 2011

Europe 2001 Athens and more

I'm starting this on a cold wet night in January. Tucked up in a warm front room with the fire going, and my cat stealing most of the heat as she lays as close as she can with out cooking.

I'm trying to find a reason for why I am writing this. As the chance are no one will read it. but at least I have a place to tell my friends whats going on and where I'm at as I start mu journey. This is not the first try at putting something down on paper. The other blog kind of went tit's up. In the manner of I was trying to writ it after the event. Not a good idea. The best way is to write it down at the end of the day when every thing in your mind is fresh.

So what am I try for and why? Map link The map link is where I hope to ride a motor bike in May for three week's. Hoping to come back in June. Why because I am getting older by the day and life is passing me by.If i don't do something now. In a few year's time I wont be able to.A good idea is to get a few like mined people who want to with me. Not as easy as it first sound's. Try asking round a few people you know. And see how many want to travel Europe for three week's. You will get something like it's a great idea. But the wife wont let me. Or I can't get that amount of time off work.Or some other kind of thing. Travelling buddy's are hard to find especially one's you can trust. the place I looked where web board's that catered for people like me. This is one called Horizon Unlimited and another Bike Chat. In the end I get ten people who showed an interest. To day after e mailing them. The number's are down to four, and a few of them are still undecided. I have one chap who sounds promising. So I'm going to book the crossing from Dover to France.

Last year I tried out something like this. But I did was go on holiday wit my lady friend Bridget to Spain. She flew down and I rode the bike. As we stated for two week's. It was a good holiday. And we had a bike while we where there. Got us around and wee seen thing we would not have seen if we did not have transport. The other up side was the picture's and I had a camera fitted to the bike. The down side was I should have taken a lap top with me. That way I could have seen what I had taken on each day. Live and learn.

If your are interested in joining our band, drop me a line. We are making the crossing from Dover on the 28 May and coming back on the 18 of June.

John933

And this is why I'm going. To ride this bridge. Will no doute make a pig of my self and ride it both way's.

No comments:

Post a Comment