Wednesday 13 April 2011

Are thing's picking up ??

Had a phone call to day out of the blue. A chap called Steve who I know has been looking at the web posting on the Hub. Called to say he would like to go. So now it's wait and see if he book's a crossing. I've told him the time's date and crossing company. So it look's like three of us. It's all about waiting for the day to arrive. That's all I seam to do is wait. The weather is getting better every day.

One of the thing's I do find hard to understand is. What I find interesting to do. Ride round Europe, other's bike owner's aren't banging my door down to join. Could be the timing's are too long. It can't be the cost, As I'm not charging anyone any thing. The up side is I have all the time in the world to do what I want. Being retired you can do that. This is not touring by number's. I.E. Must get to the next place by the next day. What I have found is that by day three you are usually on the route track to where you want to go. But the day's or time's have changed. Sometime you have time in hand. And on the other hand you have to make time up. You stay longer at some place's because you like where you are. Other time's you move on as it's not turned out as well as you expected.

Next month it will be servicing the bike and making sure every thing is how it should be. I've brought a new back tyre to put on for the trip. It's the front that I'm not sure of. There is enough on it to do the trip, or just about, So do I bin a tyre that has 3k mile's on it, or replace it before I go, or if it get too bad replace it on my way round. I think I'm going to go for the replace it on my way round. How hard can it be to get a replacement tyre? And if it last's change it when I get home.
John933

No comments:

Post a Comment