Saturday 7 May 2011

Three day's out.

As it say's I took three day's out to go and see Steve after he asked me up so we could see each other. Well to me all went well. The day started on Wednesday the 4 of May. Riding up from my place in King's Lynn to Wetherby where Steve live's. Isn't Goggle map's great. he gave me his address, then I had a look in the picture section. Picked his house out straight away. So knowing what I'm looking for it was no problem riding to his front door. The weather was one of them glories day's, where the sun shone all the way there. I stop half way at Newark for a cup of coffee and a smoke. Broke the journey up just right. Arrived early in the day enough to get a drink and Steve then took me out to Squire's cafe. As I had never been there before. Was surprised by the amount of bike's that where there. Even meet other people I knew from other club's I belong to. So all in all it was a good ride out. Alison Steve's wife made us dinner that night and stayed in that night and had a good old chin wag. The following day was another ride to Bridlington to see the sea. With another lady called Lilette or something like that. And was she a hand full. A smile a minute. Grabbing breakfast on the was back. I was getting to looking forward to my bed that night. Pete Lilette husband pointed something out on the bike that will need looking at. If it was not for him I would have missed it altogether. So that's another job to add to the list of fixes to be done before we go.

Friday was the ride home. After a well get together and know you type of trip. I think we will manage to get on for the three week's we are away. The ride home was done in one hit. Started off on an over cast day that looked like rain, but turned out to be another one of the sunny day's. So all in all every thing went well. I have meet both of the people I am going with and they are both what you could call good egg's. Every thing is only three week's away now. So next week I'll be getting the bag's down from the loft. Putting them on the spare bed, ready to start packing. As I pack in a crazy fashion. Something goes in and then something come's out. I'm not in to taking the kitchen sink. If I've missed something then I'll buy it over there. It's not as if only the UK has shop's.

Since I have been back I've been checking the camp site's in Athens. And something is niggling me about the one I have picked. So to day I've e mailed the tourist board in Athens asking for a list of camp site's. I think it will be well to have someone, with on the ground knowledge before we go. And I hope a list in my pocket.
John933

No comments:

Post a Comment