Wednesday 2 February 2011

Could be a change of plan???

I have been looking at the problem of travelling through the non EU country's on our way down to Greece. And I'm getting mickey mouse kind of price's for just a few day's insurance cover. Some companies want to charge for a year some for a month at a time. In in a few case's the price range is no different. Other information is, get it at the boarder when you cross. I have a feeling that is could be rip of time. And as there are three country's of non EU. Three lot's of rip of and this would put a downer on the whole trip. So how do you over come this? I have now found a ferry crossing from Italy to Greece at 45 euros one way to book in advance. I have a lap top that we can use, to book on the road, if we find an INTERNET link, So I am proposing that the route be changed to take this in to account. Ride down Italy cross over to Greece keep with in the EU no problem with insurance.

The crossing is from Bari in Italy, to Igoumenitsa in Greece. If you goggle Bari, and look for port or ferry crossing you can get all the information you need. That's what I did.

So what do you think. Italy instead of the Balkan's?It's a two day change and it cut's out the hassle of insurance. I think it's the better way to go.

For a start
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=209414193245900737848.0004943f895be4bd5ccb9&ll=44.746733,15.205078&spn=21.805739,39.331055&z=5


John933
Leaveing Brindisi harbour in Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment