Saturday 19 February 2011

The meet.

Got to see Richard to day. That's the chap who is coming with me. As it was raining and the bike's are on a SORN I took the car. The night before I looked at a route in Goggle map's. Then got the sat nav out and set that up. so all I had to do was switch it on and the thing would be away. Mid day in Northampton, tesco entrance, then something to eat. Tesco in Northampton don't have a eating place. Just one of the Costa crap coffee house's. The run was not too bad two house's to get there and then nearly that to get a parking space. Well more like quarter of an hour driving round to find a parking space.

First thing you notice with Richard is he is a tall man and thin. Someone who's going to stand out in a crowd, Your not going to lose him. We talked about what we where looking for in the trip. And what we hope to do. All nod's from Richard as it seamed that he was looking at the same thing as me. The two main place's are writing in stone, as we both want to sen them, The bridge in Greece and the death camp's in Poland. The second division stuff is the D day landing site's in France and Le Man race track on the way. We even talking about a fly drive trip to Marrakesh , either latter this year or next year. The idea is we ride dawn. And his partner and mine fly there. Have two week's holiday. The lady's fly back and we ride back. Looking at a month away.Any way that's in the pipe line and let's get this one out the way first.

I like the way we jelled together quite well. he the type of person I can get on with. How he will get on with me I have no idea. An old man with his two front teeth missing. And a hair cut that make me look like a Axe murder of king's Lynn. All he is waiting for now is his new bike to be delivered. And then run it round for a few mile's to iron out the snag's. Then it's away.

One have problem's I have got is that the crossing price last September was £33. trying to get a crossing price now and I see they are asking for £57 for the same crossing. Some price hike. But if that's the price then I'll have to pay it.

Any way I can't think of any thing else to say so I'll close now. Post when there is something new.
John933

No comments:

Post a Comment